APIIT-SU Partnership in Learning
Staffordshire University - Our Partner in Quality & Awarding Body
In the course of more than 20 years of providing high quality education and training, the APIIT Education Group has received the support and assistance of many reputable education providers worldwide.
This support has come in the form of partnerships for the development of curriculum, the recognition and endorsement of our students' qualifications, activities in moderation and validation, faculty sharing and a host of other activities.
All the partners we work with in the United Kingdom, Australia and elsewhere have contributed in some way or other to the development, growth and ultimate success of the APIIT Education Group, and APIIT in particular.
Our longest standing partner and ally through all of this has been Staffordshire University, United Kingdom and this partnership is the longest surviving relationship between a UK University and a Malaysian institution. Staffordshire University is also the awarding body for all Undergraduate programmes under APIIT.
When APIIT was initiated by the Malaysian government to develop IT education and training, we looked for and found, in Staffordshire University, one of the key providers of IT education worldwide.
Datuk Dr. Parmjit Singh as the Pro-Chancellor of Staffordshire University and Executive Director of APIIT Education Group Welcoming Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh.
Why Staffordshire University
Staffordshire University is a modern University with 100 years' experience of pioneering higher education within the creative, technological and scientific industries. The University delivers relevant, inspiring and vocationally led courses and thus develop students who are independent thinkers.
Based in the Midlands in the heart of the UK, the University is home to approximately 16,500 students that make up a dynamic and vibrant community. This learning community is global and on-campus students represent 90 worldwide nations. In addition, the University has an international network of over 20,700 students studying on Staffordshire University courses at over 40 partner organisations around the world (July 2014).
Passionate about transforming the lives and aspirations of the individuals and communities it serves, the University is agile and flexible; quick to adapt as student requirements change and is renowned for providing ground-breaking new courses and outstanding learning opportunities.
- Among the first institutions in the world to offer a computing degree, dating back to 1965.
- The 2014 National Student Survey (NSS) show computing awards at Staffordshire University exceeding the national sector average for the computer subject area.
- The 2014 National results from the Destination of Leavers in Higher Education also show Staffordshire University computing awards exceeding the national average for computing graduate employability/further study, six months after graduation.
- Staffordshire has forged partnerships with industry-leading companies such as Sony, Cisco, Microsoft, Vodafone, Jaguar Land Rover and Epic Games in support of teaching and learning as well as in preparing students for their careers.
- The collaboration between Staffordshire University and US based Epic Games led to the launch of the University’s Epic Games Centre, which offers students the opportunity to put theory into practice and develop a deeper understanding of the commercial complexities of the gaming development process.
- Staffordshire University graduates have been well accepted by industry. Many graduates have gone on to work with internationally recognised organisations such as the BBC, Microsoft, Bentley Motors and NASA. Others have gone on to form their own successful businesses whilst some graduates have worked on Oscar winning films, written books and even won an Olympic gold medal.
Our solid relationship with Staffordshire University is among the strongest and most successful foreign collaborations in Malaysia, and is particularly notable in our strong shared mission of producing highly employable graduates.
Programmes offered by APU and APIIT are subjected to extensively External Quality Assurance processes by Staffordshire University. This ensures that our programmes are benchmarked against international standards.
In addition, our solid relationship with Staffordshire University is among the strongest and most successful foreign collaborations in Malaysia, and is particularly notable in our strong shared mission of producing highly employable graduates.
All these things combine to create a university with considerable global expertise - a university that APIIT is proud to partner with.