B.A. (Hons) Transport Design
3 years full-time
|Malaysian Students||International Students|
Year 1: RM 23,800 + £ 250
Year 1: RM 24,800 (USD 5,860) + £ 250
|Total: RM 73,800 + £ 750||Total: RM 77,900 (USD 18,510) + £ 750|
We welcome applications from people with a wide variety of qualifications, skills and experience. Applications are individually assessed. However typically you will have:
Route 1: Entry to Year 1
- A Portfolio of Art & Design work which can include:
- Sketch work and finished drawings
- Photographs of models or other 3D works Art, illustration, photography etc.
- Examples of your computer skills
- Please bring in sketch ideas for a “new personal transportation device”.
- Successful completion of the relevant APIIT Diploma, or
- Successful completion of study in another recognised institution with academic credits
Programme at a glance
Topics you will experience include:
- Core Skills I
- Core Skills II
- Course Introduction I
- Course Introduction II
- Design Technologies - Surface Modelling
- Industrial Design: History and Context
- Industrial Design: Style & Substance
- Trends and Visual Thinking
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Advanced Design Technologies (Surface)
- Automotive Modelling
- Automotive Presentation Skills
- Digital Clay
- Ergonomics & Design
- Lighting Concepts
- Transport Design Concepts
- Transport Technology
- Design Futures for Product and Transport Design
- Design Project Context
- Digital Styling Project 1
- Digital Styling Project 2
- Professional Project 1
- Professional Project 2
In addition to the above, all students are required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
During the programme we carefully introduce you to the key attributes of entrepreneurship, enterprise and employability. This gives you a real insight into what is required in industry and gives you important networking opportunities. Alongside this, live projects and visiting lecturers further reinforce this.
In the final year, during our Design Futures project, you will improve your self promotion skills, refine your portfolio and have a mock interview with an industry recruitment consultant. This will make you interview ready and prepare you well for the challenges ahead. Further we also support you after graduation, with job-seeking assistance. We want you to succeed, and encourage graduates to visit and use our social networking sites for peer support.
All information is correct at the time of publication, but is subject to change in the interest of continuing improvement.